Many car drivers are still confused about which tire is the best for their vehicle. In addition, some people are still not fully knowledgeable when their tires are worn out, their formats, their rotation schedule, and many more. As a result, a vehicle’s tires are one of the most misunderstood parts of an automobile.
So in this article, we’ll be talking about the Goodyear tires and Firestone tires. We will also discuss the differences between Goodyear tires and Firestone tires.
Tires in the vehicle can be confusing to others. So let us start discussing; stay and keep reading.
Table of Contents
Difference Between Goodyear And Firestone Tires
A Goodyear has a lot of quality, and its tires are produced to last for a very long time. Their official partner is NASCAR. NASCAR is the tire manufacturer that produces tires for high-performance race cars, and they also make an all-season passenger tire for an everyday commute.
In terms of price tag, Goodyear tires might have a high price tag, but it is a good choice for many car drivers. On the other hand, Firestone offers many reputable options in terms of performance, all-season, and those highway tires. The reputation and name of Firestone might not be on the level of Michelin or Goodyear, but Firestone tires are known to be experts in the industry.
The Firestone tires have treadwear warranties up to seventy thousand miles. They also have limited warranties for about three to four years.
Pros And Cons Of Firestone Tires
Each tire brand has its advantages and disadvantages. So now, let us learn about the pros and cons of General tires.
- They have a strong industry backing.
- They have decent treadwear warranties.
- They have an affordable option for SUV tires.
- They offer several affordable tire models.
- They are widely available at tire shops across the country.
- They have a massive variety of sizes, types, and fits.
- There are many highly rated tires in the brand’s catalog.
- There are few high-rated models across all its tire categories.
- They have limited performance in tire options.
- They are not the best tread life warranties.
Pros And Cons Of Goodyear Tires
All tire brands have their advantages and disadvantages. So now, let us learn about the pros and cons of Cooper tires.
- Their tires are produced to last for a long time.
- They have a large variety of tires.
- They have a strict testing standard.
- Their tires have a wide variety of driving conditions.
- Their reputation is for durability.
- They have a superior ride quality.
- Their tires are more expensive than the other tire brands.
- They are committed to the environment.
- Their tires have a high price.
Which Tires Are Better, Firestone Or Goodyear?
The Goodyear tire was founded in Akron, and they have grown into one of the world’s largest tire companies. They first tried tubeless in 1903 and their first all-season tire in 1977. They had their first run-flat in 1992.
There are no limits to the innovation of Goodyear, and they have earned their name. Their company has been innovating and keeps on developing excellent products needed by car drivers today. The Firestone tires have been popular for about a century now.
They are also among the popular ones available in the market today. The tires of this company have already been used as the rubber of choice for many automakers.
In summary, car drivers would ask about the sizes of their tires. Therefore, if you are a car driver, you must know the basics of what the number on your tire means.
With that, this article will serve as a guide for you. Every number on the tire size has their meanings.
- Goodyear Tires Vs. Continental Tires
- Goodyear Tires Vs. Yokohama Tires
- Goodyear Tires Vs. Bridgestone Tires
- Goodyear Tires Vs. Pirelli Tires
- Goodyear Tires Vs. Dunlop Tires
Image credits – Canva