Many of the owners of the BMW will get to experience getting CC-ID codes (Check Control) on their cars. It is something that BMW car owners would get to experience at least once. Some car drivers already experience it regularly.
So what is CC-ID 164, and how to clear it? The CC-ID 164 means the Windscreen Washer Fluid Low. You can clear the error code by following the steps given below.
And most of these car owners, especially those who are still new, most likely do not know this matter. So with that, we have made this article to help you.
We will guide you on coming across error codes based on your vehicle’s lighting. It is designed to assist you in working out the BMW error codes you are getting on your vehicle.
A lot of BMW bulbs can be changed with ease. But, there are times when you cannot access your bulbs. If this happens, you can seek out a professional to do it.
Some CANBus error codes might be displayed because of a fault, but the bulb is delicate. This can happen if there is an upgrade from a halogen to a LED bulb. So without further ado, let us get started.
Table of Contents
What Is The CC-ID 164 Code?
The CC0ID 164 means the Windscreen Washer Fluid Low. If you see this code, you might have something wrong with your windscreen washer fluid. You might have low fluid and have to refill again.
How To Clear A CC-ID 164 Code?
If you want to clear your CC-ID 164 code, here is what you must do. Follow these steps so that you can clear a CC-ID 164 code.
- The first thing that you have to do is turn the ignition on.
- After turning it on, dismiss or wait patiently for all the warning and failure messages to disappear.
- With the left stalk to navigate to the “check” submenu. You can then cycle through all the messages.
- After cycling through the messages, you have to press the BC button on the left stalk and hold it for about five (5) seconds.
- After that, release the button if the BMW CC-ID codes appear on the bottom display.
- Cycle through the messages once again. You will now then see failure and warning code under each message.
- Finally, compare the message number with the list below to find out more specifically about the cause of the warning or the failure message to show on the instrument cluster.
What To Do When You See CC-ID 164 Code?
If you see the CC-ID 164 error code, then there could be something wrong with your Windscreen Washer Fluid Low then there must be something wrong with your CC-ID 164. Therefore, you must check immediately if the fluid is getting low so that you can refill it and you can repair the issue as soon as you can.
Is It Bad When You See CC-ID 164 Code?
It depends. Vehicles are only machines, and they can malfunction too. So then, if the code appears, there can be a possibility that it is just a malfunction.
But, on the other hand, it’s considered bad if the code is not malfunctioning. And yes, a very low windscreen washer fluid is bad if it is too low. So, that is why there is an alert.
A lot of BMW car owners do not know anything about error codes. Most car drivers experience these error codes, and they do not know how to fix them.
This article will be your guide on understanding CC-ID error codes. Codes have equivalent meanings. You can also clear them by following the steps given above.
- CC-ID 166 Error Code
- CC-ID 167 Error Code
- CC-ID 236 Error Code
- CC-ID 299 Error Code
- CC-ID 328 Error Code
Image credits – Canva