We have made this article to help you. We will guide you on coming across error codes based on your vehicle’s lighting. For example, most owners of the BMW will experience getting CC-ID codes (Check Control) on their cars.
So what is CC-ID, and how to clear it? The CC-ID means DBC Dynamic Brake Control Brake Assist Failed. You can get a professional to clear it or follow the steps below.
It is something that BMW car owners would get to experience at least once. Some car drivers already experience it regularly. And most of these car owners, especially those who are still new, most likely do not know this matter.
A lot of BMW bulbs can be changed with ease. However, there are times when you can’t access your bulbs. If this happens, you can seek a professional to do it.
Some CANBus error codes might be displayed because of a fault, but the bulb is doing fine. This can happen if there is an upgrade from a halogen to a LED bulb. You need to access your BMW CC-ID codes, and they can give you additional information about the condition of your vehicle.
It can also help you with troubleshooting some faults or errors. So if you want to learn more about this matter, stay for an informative read.
Table of Contents
What Is The CC-ID 24 Code?
The CC-ID means DBC Dynamic Brake Control Brake Assist Failed. You can get a professional to clear it. However, you can fix it yourself. Just follow the steps below.
How To Clear A CC-ID 24 Code?
If you want to clear your CC-ID 97 code, here is what you must do. Follow these steps.
- You have to turn the ignition on.
- Dismiss or wait for all the warning and failure messages to disappear.
- Use the left stalk to navigate to the “check” submenu. You can then cycle through all the messages.
- After, press the BC button on the left stalk and hold it for about five seconds.
- Release the button if the BMW CC-ID codes appear on the bottom display.
- Cycle through the messages again. You will now then see failure and warning code under each message.
- Compare the message number with the list below to find out more specifically about the cause of the warning or the failure message to show on the instrument cluster.
What To Do When You See CC-ID 24 Code?
If you see CC-ID 24 code, this means the DBC Dynamic Brake Control Brake Assist Failed. It is essential to stop your vehicle and not drive it anymore. There might be something wrong with your brake.
Is It Bad When You See CC-ID 24 Code?
This will depend on the status of the code. Vehicles are only machines, and they can malfunction too.
So then, if the code appears, there can be a possibility that it is just a malfunction. It is considered harmful if the code is not a malfunction.
In summary, BMW vehicles are famous, and they are one of the top car brands. However, having a BMW has a lot to learn. For example, they have these error codes that appear.
And you need to know about this so that you can check your vehicle. For example, if you see CC-ID 24 code, this means the DBC Dynamic Brake Control Brake Assist Failed.
Image credits – Canva